Education Content Program Coordinator
At XQ, our mission is to fuel America’s collective creativity to transform our public high schools, so every student succeeds. To accomplish that, we share engaging and informative stories of high school innovation; develop free, open-source tools and resources that help educators, students, families, and other concerned people reimagine high schools in their communities; produce cultural events that inspire people to become part of the change; and cultivate new data, information, and knowledge about high school education.
Within XQ, the Education Content, Tools, and Research Team holds primary responsibility for producing the editorial content needed for those efforts, working in close collaboration with education experts, designers, producers, and other extraordinary professionals at XQ and in XQ schools and partner organizations.
To help us meet our ambitious goals, XQ is seeking a Program Coordinator to work with and support our Education Content, Tools, and Research Team (“Program Coordinator”).
The Program Coordinator will support the Managing Director for Education Content, Tools, and Research and coordinate activities across the team and with others at XQ. The role will require you to maintain positive and timely communications, facilitate smooth operations and workflows, expedite completion of requests; and develop and maintain and share information effectively. XQ is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, organized, and detail-oriented individual with outstanding communication skills.
Administrative Support and Coordination
- Manage communications, calendar, and travel for the Managing Director
- Coordinate calendars and information flow among team members and with others at XQ, vendors, and partner organizations
- Organize visits, meetings, and events; work with the XQ Operations Team to help coordinate travel and logistics for larger gatherings
Editorial Support and Coordination
- Represent the team and XQ in internal and external meetings; draft summative reports; ensure meticulous follow-through
- Respond rapidly to inquiries; research, organize, and share information
- Produce slides and presentation materials for meetings and briefings
- Support the team in use of information and management systems; research, adapt, and support the adoption of additional tools and systems, as needed
- Partner with others at XQ, including colleagues in the Office of the CEO, School Success, Operations, and Marketing, Communications, and Strategy, on various projects
- Organize and connect the team’s work to larger organizational goals and work streams; keep an organized calendar; and maintain both a big-picture understanding of the work that needs to be done and the details involved in doing it right
- Contribute to the creation of high-quality, accurate, and engaging content for various XQ audiences, including educators, students, families, public officials, and the general public
- Facilitate smooth and timely development, production, and dissemination of digital, print, video/multimedia, and other products; support the Managing Editor in supervising and tracking the work of vendors
- Establish and maintain effective systems for organizing, storing, and retrieving content
- Cultivate relationships with XQ schools and other organizations
- Edit, fact-check, write, and proofread copy, social media posts, talking points, presentations, and other materials
- Conduct research, review existing literature, and explore new topics on behalf of the team; maintain an awareness of education journalism and trends in high school innovation
- Employment: 1-3 years of work experience in education, journalism, publishing, product development, and/or hands-on experience with developing and maintaining processes that enable a team to accomplish deliverables
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Candidates without a Bachelor’s degree will not be considered
- Perspective: Demonstrated commitment to and experience in education, social justice, youth development, and/or community service and engagement
- Ethos: Desire to work in a lively, rapidly changing environment with a diverse team that often collaborates fluidly across projects
- Ability to communicate effectively, grammatically, and accurately, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues, vendors, consultants, partners, and XQ audiences
- Familiarity with (or eagerness to learn) editorial and production processes; creativity and problem-solving ability; a keen eye and careful attention to detail
- Strong customer-service and relationship-building skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with a diverse, multi-functional team
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
- Self-starter, who enjoys working independently
- Meticulously organized and detailed
- Experience with executing against goals on time and to high standards
- Ability to adapt to challenges and opportunities with a solutions-oriented perspective
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with a wide range of individuals
- Commitment to understanding and articulating the mission, programs, and activities of XQ
- Ability to travel ~20% of the time
- XQ Institute offers competitive benefits and salary for this role.
- Please apply online. In your cover letter, please address why your skills, interests, and experience align with the requirements for this role. Candidates whose cover letters do not address these points will not be considered.
XQ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. At XQ, promoting, celebrating, and supporting diversity is a core value. Individuals are considered without regard to race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual expression, religion, color, veteran status, disability, marital status, or ancestry.