School Support Team Program Associate
In the past 100 years, we have gone from a Model T to a Tesla, from a switchboard to a smartphone, yet the very institution charged with preparing America’s students for success has remained virtually unchanged. Our students deserve better. It’s from that conviction – and commitment – that XQ Institute was born.
In 2016, XQ Institute launched XQ: The Super School Project engaging America in answering the question: What would high school look like if all students graduated prepared for college, career, and life? We issued the largest open call to rethink American public high school in our country’s history. In September 2016, we announced a cohort of 10 Super Schools who will be supported by XQ to bring their ideas to life, many opening in Fall 2017. XQ isn’t just about ideas, it’s about enduring impact; about inspiring and amplifying meaningful, measurable solutions, and real results, in high schools from Connecticut to California, and every state in-between.
To meet the ambitious goals of the Super School Project, XQ is looking for a School Support Team Program Associate.
The Program Associate will provide outstanding client service and essential communications and administrative support to the XQ Super Schools and to ensure successful development and execution of quality programs. The Associate will work in collaboration with the Program Manager and the Senior Strategist to develop and support programs as well as assess trends and effectiveness in school engagement and participation. The Associate will receive support from the Program Manager.
By working on the School Support Team, you will have a direct and immediate impact on the success of the XQ Super School Cohort and Awardees by leading coordination support, building authentic relationships, and assisting the School Support Team collaborate effectively with schools as well as the entire organization.
- Planning: Coordinate visits and meetings for multiple parties, including XQ Staff, Consultants, Super School Teams, and Vendors/Partners to schools.
- Support Implementation of Event Programs: Assist the Program Manager in the development and coordination of special events and gatherings of 30+ people, including registering, travel and lodging logistics, annual conference site selection, staff coordination, session coordination, and site management
- Manage Master Program Schedule and Calendar of School Events: Organizing and connecting School Support’s work to larger organizational goals and work streams, keeping an organized calendar and big-picture understanding of the work that needs to get done, as well as being in the details to get it done right.
- Communication Tools: Manage and adapt or develop communication flow and systems for the Super School Team that includes systems for knowledge capture.
- Provide Exceptional Client Service: Build authentic and supportive working relationships with all XQ School Awardees. Act as a point of contact for program related questions for members and non-members.
- Liaison: Serve as a liaison for vendors, program speakers (including managing content, logistics as sharing event review details with speakers)
- Assist the Program Manager on other projects as assigned.
Key Skills of the Ideal Candidate
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to develop relationships with a wide range of individuals
- Strong administrative skills including ability to work in multiple applications including Word, PowerPoint, scheduling tools, and willingness to learn additional applications
- Ability to manage multiple and competing demands and prioritize with other team members, thriving in a fast paced, high intensity environment
- Strategic and creative problem solver
- Strong client service and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with a small and diverse team
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
- Self-starter, who enjoys working independently
- Meticulously organized and detailed
- A pattern of executing against goals on time and to high standards
- Commitment and ability to understand and articulate the mission, programs and activities of XQ Institute
- XQ Institute offers competitive benefits and salary for this role.
XQ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. At XQ promoting, celebrating, and supporting diversity is a core value. Individuals are considered without regards to race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual expression, religion, color, veteran status, disability, marital status, or ancestry.